Christian Education and Spiritual Growth
For children and youth we have a Children's Time with our pastor during the worship service. The younger children then leave worship for JAM Time (Jesus and Me). October-November the children will be learning about the Fruits of the Spirit.
For older youth and adults in October we have Bible Study each Sunday following worship. Our study is: Same Kind of Difference as Me. We also have special seasonal intergenerational spiritual growth activities.
St. John's hosts a quilters' group, consisting of members from the surrounding communities. In addition to personal projects, the quilters donate much of their work to those in need. The quilters meet on the 2nd and 4th Tuesdays of the month at 6pm.
The Garden Club keeps the church exterior beautifully adorned! Our gardeners meet the 2nd and 4th Saturdays from late Spring through the Fall..."To keep all those weeds at bay...and the landscape at St. John's...Beautiful!!!"
Outreach and Fellowship
St Johns UCC believes in growing together and inviting others in. We have many fellowship activities to share with one another and to grow together.
We have outreach activities in the community to get to know our neighbors and to let people know what's going on at St. Johns.
Here are some of the missions we are involved in:
• Packing food bags for Evans City food bank
• Butler Produce to People and also delivering fresh food to 4 local families
• Assembling Church World Service Clean-up Buckets
• Mission Barn assembling ramps for people in need
• Jubilee Soup Kitchen, Pittsburgh
• Providing a meal for The Neighborhood Academy, Pittsburgh
• Christmas gifts for families in need and for people in nursing homes
• Evans City school homework club
St. John's has an active music program, including a praise team, choir, bell choir, and musicians. We are always ready to welcome new people into our music program. We provide a diversity in kinds and styles of music during our worship. We practice each week on Wednesday nights.
6pm - Praise Team
7pm - Choir